Friday, June 25, 2010

This Friday has not been a piece of shit (up to this point...)

It's friday which means I would usually leave the shop and head straight for the liquor store so I can get my weekend started the right (wrong) way. BUT, since I'm pretty much the nicest person to ever live (that's right Mother Teresa, I'M TALKING ABOUT YOU) I agreed to come in tomorrow on my day off to tattoo some guy who wants to be tattooed by me but doesn't live around here. Ho-hum.
Anyway, now to transition into some good news:

(These cuppycakes are supposed to read "3eyeunion.com" but due to bumpy roads and long travel conditions, it appears the "N" cupcake did not survive)

Two days ago I was driving Marissa and myself to Indianapolis so she could attend a business meeting and we could look at a kitten (...what?). Right before I hit the interstate a car merged into my lane. Keep in mind there was a car in front of me turning, blah blah blah...anyway, I had no choice but to go rocketing off the road, go through a ditch, and ramp an embankment Evel Knievel style. Low and behold, the other driver turned out to be an acquaintance of mine by the name of Tammy. Tammy decided to apologize by way of cupcakes topped with 8 pounds of sickeningly sweet icing. Thanks for the cupcakes, Tammy (and for not killing me and my girlfriend).

Moving on...


Oh glorious day!!! THE SHIRTS HAVE ARRIVED! Throw confetti! Get champaign and pop bottles (pour it on models)[shut up bitch, swallow]! The quality of the prints and shirts are everything I was hoping for, I'm really excited about the way they turned out. "Sure the shirts look nice," you say, "but how do they look on someone?" Well, we should have our photos of our model modeling our goods up and going by the end of the weekend. I would also like to add, that while wearing our shirts you are GUARANTEED* to be better at doing the following
-Flying airplanes
-Lobster trapping
-Making love
-Yelling at uncles
-Being creepy
-Drinking heavily
-Lowering self-esteem
*guarantee not available in north america
Next on the list we have:
SOME TATTOOS

This here^ is a piece I started on Pat who is apprenticing at the shop to be a piercer man. It's a flash piece of Theodore Mindell and I've had this piece hanging on my wall for a long time because I've always liked it and hoped maybe one day someone would want to commit it to their flesh. Well, Pat stepped up to the plate and the result is above. Just outline right now, should be finished next week and I have the chilly willies just thinking about it. "Prophets, poormen, devils + ghosts" 'Nuff said.


This pirate babe belongs to our very own Cassy, CB, Burn Victim, whatever you like to call her. I really didn't want to do a full body pirate girl in the beginning but CB was VERY sure to let me know that she just haaaad to have a peg leg. I couldn't fit a peg leg in the original way I was going to draw it but you gotta give the people what they want I suppose. After I had the piece drawn up though I was excited and now I just couldn't be happier with the start of it. A bit more of a Jerry Collins style pin-up. Can't wait to finish it.
P.S. look at the rack on that wench! Not to shabby, eh?

I'm sure I'll have more to ramble on about here soon, but I'll give you a minute to let this ridiculous shit digest.

Let's all have a good weekend. GET UR DICK SUCKED.

1 comment: