Sunday, December 5, 2010

A tribute to grandma:

This is a tribute
To my wonderful grandma Helen.

If you know me, then you know how much I appreciate my grandma Helen. She has been close to me for nearly my whole life and I feel like I wouldn't be the happy and well-rounded young man I am today without her. She was always more than welcoming with good advice and life lessons.

Here are some inspirational quotes that have stuck with me through the years.

- A good waiter, tip him once. A GREAT waiter, tip him twice!
- Smile with your feet.
- If the task is sour, the reward must be honey.
- If it's too hot to handle, it's too hot for sandals!
- Marinate your life with the spices of memories and laughter.
- Friends are like mailboxes and your stories are like letters.
- If you can't picture it in your mind, draw it with your heart.
- Family is like a flower. Soil is the memories, the sun is love, and the glucose is joy.
- Love is the money that pays the debt of loneliness.
- You can't teach an old dog new tricks but your old dog can trick you!
- A quiet home is a peaceful home.
- Be grateful for every birthday because one day you'll have cake no more.

I love you grandma Helen
(1912 - 2010)

2 comments:

  1. By the way, I've had way too many people get a hold of me to tell me their sorry about my grandma. This is a joke. No grandma Helen, no goofy advice. Sorry if that ruins the magic.

    ReplyDelete